We are seeking a dynamic, hands-on leader to supervise the team of Operations Supervisors and Logistics Specialists at our brand new, state of the art, Receiving and Distribution Center just outside Tampa International Airport. You will oversee operational, contract, regulatory and performance standards. You will be responsible for customer satisfaction as well as financial performance. As the Facility Manager, you will also participate in strategic discussions that have a direct impact on the future of the business.
Bradford Airport Logistics (BAL) is the benchmark leader in Secure Airport Terminal Logistics with a multitude of achievements that have revolutionized the traditional airport logistics model. We offer a tremendous career opportunity in a high growth environment that brings together technology and services within the exciting aviation industry. BAL is a growing company that puts its people at the center of its innovation process.
- Implement short and long-range company goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure all assigned employees are fully trained and comply with all procedures and regulations for the airport, TSA, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the operations team is professional, self-motivated, and customer focused.
- Work closely with the landlord and tenants to ensure that the company is meeting all performance standards and expectations. Ensure BAL is seen as the clear choice for all airport material handling and logistics.
- Drive all aspects of innovation and process execution.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys and build partnerships with our stakeholders.
- Develop operating procedures and processes to hit financial performance targets and achieve Key Performance Indices (KPIs).
- Develop and implement Professional Development Plans (PDPs) for the supervisory team.
- Work closely with the COO to present the company vision, value and fit to potential growth market decision makers.
- Drive change and continuous improvement.
- Formulate growth plans for the local business and participate in the growth initiatives of the company.
- Coordinate activities with all other functional areas of the organization in order to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources and equipment.
- Provide consistent leadership for the team to follow aligned with the company core values.
- Work closely with the Operation Supervisors to ensure success of daily operations.
- Drive monthly, quarterly, and annual process improvements.
- Monitor, evaluate, and ensure timely and accurate operational reporting.
- Ensure all company and airport policies and procedures are followed, and the appropriate performance improvement and accountability of team members is consistently followed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a directly related industry preferred (logistics/airport/airline).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in employee and team management required.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Outstanding presentation skills using PowerPoint and other presentation media with executives and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated use of data to complete quantitative analysis.
- Experience developing and executing action plans to hit short and long term targets based upon root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated team building skills to include hiring, employee development, coaching and performance improvement.
- Word processing, e-mail, database and Internet software.
- Ability to travel a minimum of one week per month to support business growth.
- Ability to directly supervise both Operations Supervisors and employee teams.
- Ability to occasionally and repetitively lift up to 50 pounds.
- Safe driving record qualifying for driving on the airfield.
- Ability to pass a security background check for mandatory airport badging.
- Ability to relocate based upon new contract awards or business growth is desired.
Bradford Airport Logistics has an excellent, competitive annual compensation plan available.
The benefit package includes:
- Employer paid health insurance
- Paid holidays
- 401K Company match
- Annual bonus
- Professional Development Program
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
If you are looking to grow with an innovative, core values based company please contact us for this career opportunity, alternatively, please click here to apply on-line